The following are the details of the cheapest Tablet Pcs available in India:
- The tablet runs on Android 2.2 (Froyo).
- 7-inch resistive touchscreen with 800×480 resolution and weighs 350 grams.
- 256MB of RAM, a 32GB expandable memory slot and two USB ports.
- The tablet comes with a 12-month replacement warranty and supports formats like DOC, DOCX, PDF and PPTX etc. Aakash has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack.
- 2100mAh battery which can reportedly last for 2-3 hours
- MRP Rs 2250
Reliance 3G Tab
ADAG group telecom company Reliance Communications (RCom) recently entered into tablet computer segment with launch of Android operating system-based Reliance 3G Tab
- 3G with 7-inch touch scren with Android 2.3 OS.
- 512 MB RAM and Micro SD Support upto 32 GB
- Priced at Rs 12,999.
MSI Enjoy Pad
Taiwanese firm MSI launches ‘Enjoy’ range of tablet in India
- based on Google’s Android platform, will be available in two variants — 7-inch (Rs 13,999) and 10-inch (Rs 14,999).
- The company is targetting to sell 10,000 units before Diwali.
- MSI had launched its ‘WinPad’ tablets last year, based on Microsoft’s Windows platform.
- at Rs 13,999
Beetel Teletech, a Bharti Enterprises group company, has launched Beetel Magiq, a low-cost Android tablet in India.
- The seven-inch tablet, which runs on Android 2.2 (Froyo),
- priced at Rs 9,999.
- Magiq’s screen has a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels.
- The tablet has two 2MP cameras and supports phone calls through a compatible Bluetooth headset.
- It is powered by a 1Ghz processor.
- It has 8GB internal storage, expandable up to 24GB through a 16GB SD card.
Close on the heels of Reliance launching its 3G Tab at Rs 13,000, Mercury launched its first Android tablet mTab in the India market
- priced at Rs 9,499.
- Measuring 19.3 X 11.7 X 1.4 cm, mTab sports a 7-inch WVGA TFT LCD touch display,
- G sensor screen rotation for 3D G-games and weighs mere 400 grams.
- The tablet will run on Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- powered by 1.2 GHz triple core processor.
- mTab will come equipped with 512MB RAM, 4GB internal memory, micro SD slot for up to 32GB expansion, optional 3G and Wi-Fi.
- The tablet will also come with a 1.3 megapixel front camera for video chatting.
Bangalore-based Lakshmi Access Communications Systems unveiled tablets built on Android platform in the price range of Rs 6,250 to Rs 35,000.
- The tablets are available in 7-, 8- and 10-inch models in four product categories namely Pepper, Tamarind, Mirchi and Paprika.
- Pepper, priced at Rs 6,250, is built on Android 2.2 and has 800 Mhz Via processor. It has 4GB in-built memory, expandable up to 16GB and supports 3G dongles for connectivity. Each of the tablet will have external keyboard and USB port connectivity option.
- The company expects to sell about 3-4 lakh tablets over the next 12 months through its branded showroom, easyEz.
- The company has tied up with ICICI bank, HDFC bank, Citibank and Standard Chartered for their credit card users to provide this devices on an EMI option.
- The company is also offering upgrade warranty which means on launch of new product, the user of Magnum tablet can upgrade to their existing by paying the difference between price of tablet in use and the new product.
HCL ME AE7-A1
- HCL Infosystems in March to launched its range of made-in-India tablet PCs, with prices starting from about Rs 15,000.
- The Android-based HCL ME Tablets were launched in 7-inch and 10-inch screen sizes at three price points Rs 14,990, Rs 25,790, and Rs 32,990.
- The entry-level HCL ME AE7 runs on Android 2.2, has 7-inch resistive touchscreen (800 x 480 pixel resolution),
- 800MHz processor, 256MB RAM, 2GB in-built flash memory, 0.3 megapixel front facing camera, WiFi connectivity, EVDO USB Dongle support, USB 2.0 port and microSD card support up to 8GB.
- Infibeam Phi tablets comes both in Android and Windows versions. Android version has 600MHz ARM9 processor, 7-inch TFT display (800 x 480 pixel resolution),
- 2 mini USB ports, 8GB in-built memory, expandable up to 32GB via microSD card and 256MB RAM.
- There’s inbuilt Li-Ion battery with 5 hours music playback, four hours of video playback with three hours of recharge via USB or AC output. The tablet is priced at Rs 14,999.
- OlivePad VT100 is claimed to be India’s first 3.5G Pad.
- The tablet sports a 7-inch touch screen display with Android operating system, supporting Bluetooth 3.5G HSUPA and Wi-fi. OlivePad VT100 comes with 3 mega-pixel camera and a front camera.
- It also offers gaming console, easy access to social networking, an e-book reader, GPS for maps, video and voice calling and television.
- The tablet comes with an SD card slot along with 512MB of internal memory along with 512MB ROM. The tablet is reportedly widely available for Rs 15,000 to 14,000.
Creative ZiiO tablets
- In April, Creative launched two new ZiiO Tablets for India. Creative ZiiO tablets include a 7-inch and a 10-inch model – both running on Google Android OS.
- Creative ZiiO tablets come in two different screen sizes, the 7-inch resistive touchscreen model supports 480×800 pixel resolution while the 10-inch touchscreen model supports 1024×600 pixel resolution.
- Both tablets have the 1GHz ARM Cortex-A8 architecture based ZiiLABS ZMS-08 HD application processor.
- While Creative ZiiO tablets 8GB models were launched at retail price of Rs 17,999 (7-inch tablet) and Rs 21,999 (10-inch).
Binatone HomeSurf 705
- UK-based Binatone has added HomeSurf 705 to its tablet portfolio. HomeSurf 705 is powered by Android 2.1 Eclair OS.
- The tablet packs 7-inches TFT LCD 16:9, 800480 pixel,
- built in Wi-Fi(b/g/n), 2GB internal memory, micro SD card slot for additional storage, high speed mini USB 2.0 port, resistive touch screen and screen auto rotate.
- Additional specs in Binatone HomeSurf 705 include rechargeable Li-Ion battery, G-Sensor, built-in Web browser and built-in stereo speakers.
- The tablet is available online for Rs 6,690.
- The budget tablet category seems to be getting hotter. The last few weeks have seen a slew of tablets launched in the category, the latest entrant is Spice Mi-720.
- Spice Mi-720 runs on Android platform and is available for purchase with online retailer Letsbuy. The device is priced at Rs 11,990.
- Spice Mi-720 has a 7-inch display like most of the new affordable Android tablets in the Indian market and is powered by an 800 Mhz processor.
- Additionally, the Spice Mi-720 includes a 2 megapixel rear camera, a secondary front facing VGA camera, 512MB of RAM, 3G connectivity and a 3240 mAH battery.
Tabplus Rio tablet
- Launched by Digital Waves, the Android 2.3 tablet comes with a 1 GHz Cortex A9 processor, 7 inch screen with storage up to 32GB via Micro SD.
- Tabplus Rio comes with 1 year warranty and will be shipped free of cost across India.
- Price in India Rs.11,900/-