Just like Chrome’s incognito mode, Internet Explorer also has a secret mode called InPrivate.
It can be accessed on the desktop by right-clicking on the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
Here is how to open an InPrivate tab in the Metro IE
- Press the Windows key to switch over to the Metro Start screen and then open Internet Explorer.
- Now right-click anywhere on the screen, and then click on the Tab tools button that appears in the top right-hand corner.
- From here you can open a new InPrivate tab.
- When the tab opens you will immediately see that InPrivate has been activated on this tab.
- If you ever need to see which tabs have InPrivate activated just right-click anywhere on the screen and look for InPrivate at the bottom of your open tabs.