There is a new shortcut built into Windows 8 that lets you capture everything that’s on your screen. Incidentally, this is the first time Windows has a built-in way to capture screenshots.
To take a screenshot in Windows 8, follow these steps:
(1) Switch to the Start Screen and launch your app of choice.
(2) To take a screenshot, hold down the Windows key and press the PrtScn (Print Screen) button on your keyboard.
(3) Now press the Win + E keyboard combination to open Explorer
(4) Navigate to your Pictures library in the left-hand side panel, where you will find a newly created Screenshots folder, double-click on it to open it up.
(5) Inside you will find all the screenshots you have taken, listed in chronological order.