One of the first things Web Developers using ASP.NET will want to install on Windows 8 is IIS (Internet Information Services). Windows 8 ships with a new version of IIS, version 8.
(1) IIS in Windows is an optional Windows Feature. To install it, press the Windows + R key combination to bring up a run box, then type appwiz.cpl and press enter.
(2) This will open the Program and Features part of Control Panel, on the left hand side click on the “Turn Windows features on or off” link.
(3) Now click on the Internet Information Services check box.
(4) If you’re a developer you are going to want to expand it and explore the sub-components as well. By default it installs all the stuff needed to host a website, and you are probably going to need some of the more developer centric components as well.
(5) After clicking OK, this dialog will appear on your screen for a while.
(6) When its done, fire up your browser and navigate to localhost.
The installation is done