Cloud storage is changing the way we think about out files and our media. We are far from the end of this stage of digital evolution, but many of us are already exploring options for keeping important files accessible wherever we go. Dropbox is a great tool for storing and sharing media and other files, and Cloudpipes is a app that helps automate transferring files between your Dropbox folders and your Android devices. Here’s how to use it:
- Install Cloudpipes app.
- Run the app and sign in using your Dropbox credentials.
- Tap the menu button, then select Add Pipe.
- Name your pipe, then select Download to transfer files from Dropbox to your device or Upload for the other way around.
- Select a folder for your source and one for your destination. This should be fairly straightforward for most transfers.
- Select whether to simply copy files or to move them from the source to the destination.
- Filter which files to transfer, if you like. This can make it easier to organize files by file type, project, or other criteria.
- Schedule your transfers. If you make it run too often, you are likely to see your battery running out more often .
- Tap Save and you’ve got a new pipe. You can always go back and edit your pipes if you need to.
- From the main screen, hit the menu button and select Settings. This can help you save power or data usage by ensuring that your transfers only happen when you’re using Wi-Fi or when your phone is plugged into a power source. You can also change the default download directory and notifications here.
- If you don’t want to use the Dropbox app, you can select the Dropbox tab, which offers some limited functionality, like creating new folders or deleting files or folders.
- The Transfers tab logs your file transfers over Cloudpipes. It can help you troubleshoot if something doesn’t seem to be working quite right.
This beta version of Cloudpipes is limited to four pipes, but that is plenty for many of us.Download: Cloudpipes