The following are the feature of Canon EOS 600D camera:
- 18.0 effective megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- Full HD 1080p video recording at 24/25/30 frame/s
- HD 720p and 640×480 video recording at 50/60 frame/s
- 3–10× Digital Zoom in video recording (available only in 1080p).
(A) One reviewer concluded that this feature takes a 1920×1080 crop from the middle of the sensor frame for the “3×” zoom, but was unable to confirm this with Canon.
- DIGIC 4 image processor
- 14-bit analog to digital signal conversion
- 3.0-inch (76 mm) Vari-angle 3:2 aspect ratio LCD articulating screen.
(A) The screen, inherited from the mid-range 60D, is also notable in that its aspect ratio matches that of the sensor—a rare feature among DSLRs at the time of introduction.
- Live view mode
- Built in flash with Speedlite wireless multi-flash support
- 9 point AF with centre cross-type sensor sensitive at f/2.8
- Four metering modes, using 63 zones: spot, partial, center-weighted average, and evaluative metering.
- Highlight tone priority
- EOS integrated cleaning system
- sRGB and Adobe RGB colour spaces
- ISO 100–6,400 expandable to 12,800
- Continuous drive up to 3.7 frame/s (34 images (JPEG), 6 images (RAW))
- SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory card file storage
- RAW and large JPEG simultaneous recording
- Eye-Fi support
- USB 2.0, HDMI interface
- LP-E8 battery