Sanity is a smartphone application that runs on all Android devices. It greatly improves your experience while making phone calls. Sanity is light, small and very fast.
Sanity is a free software, opensource, released under GNU Public License version 3.
The features of Sanity:
(1) audio record your phone calls in mpeg4, 3gpp or amr format (also automatically)
(2) announce caller and SMS: speak the caller’s name when receiving a call or a message using the synthesized voice (text to speech)
(3) block unwanted calls and SMS: automatically refuse incoming calls and SMS filtering out the phone number (include or exclude anonymous and/or unknown numbers, favourites, contacts and groups; enable the block by choosing date and time); advanced: choose between different block methods to confuse the caller.
(4) auto answer: automatically answer the call when phone is ringing by choosing phone numbers, date and time and if respond only when using headphones.
(5) urgent calls: choose what phone numbers your phone will ring or vibrate also when it’s in silent mode
(6) automatic speakerphone: automatically turn on/off the handsfree when the phone is far/close to your ear
(7) outgoing anonymous calls: make private calls by hiding your caller ID (also automatically by filtering the phone numbers to call)
(8) reduce electromagnetic waves: automatically turn on/off wifi, bluetooth, GPS and mobile data (2G/3G) when you speak at your phone
(8) choose different volume levels during calls: one for normal calling, loud handsfree, wired headsets volume and bluetooth headsets volume
(9) automatic bluetooth headsets: automatically enable bluetooth for a limited time when the call starts
(10) Most of Sanity features are configurable through the most advanced phone number filter: choose whether to activate a function for all numbers or for anonymous numbers, unknown numbers, contacts (all or some), favorite contacts, contact groups and also filter by prefix number.
Imagine what you can do with Sanity… For example, when you walk or ride your bike while listening to music, you can receive a call, then Sanity will tell you who’s calling, and then it will automatically answer the call: all that without touching or looking at the phone!